2228 Medbury Street Sold
Details113,000 Square Feet Built In 1900 / 2001
O’Connor Real Estate is pleased to offer the former St. Stanislaus Parish School portfolio. Originally built as the St. Stanislaus Parish School and later used as the Detroit Academy of Arts and Science, these Renaissance Revival buildings are in excellent condition and come with substantial historic architectural details intact. Completely renovated in 2001 (with architect Brian Hurtienne, who specializes in preservation/reuse), this is a rare offering that incorporates beautiful architecture, historic preservation and restoration, new mechanicals and incredible potential. The property also includes a single-story school building and single-story gym building with full-sized basketball court, ample parking, and potential urban garden oasis.
This exceptional portfolio is made up of four buildings and more than 3.2 +/- acres of land, a rare asset for this type of multi-building property. In addition, there are new roofs, new HVAC, electrical, plumbing, elevators, and a sprinkler system. Perfect for spacious lofty apartments or 1-bedroom units, old classrooms have new windows (flooding the space with natural light), high ceilings, and terrazzo borders on the floor; the interior offers wide hallways, exposed brick walls and brick fireplaces. The interior units face what could be a beautiful courtyard between buildings.
Located in an opportunity zone
Completely renovated in 2001
R3 & R5 Zoning
Eligible for historical tax credits
Minimal deferred CapEX
Ample parking available
313 704 2678