1506 Strathcona Drive – Sold
Built by English architect W.T. Williams in 1927, this handsome Palmer Woods classic Tudor offers impressive curb appeal and features a slate roof, half-timbering, carved chimneys, and most strikingly, a trio of stone arches which frame French windows leading into the oak-paneled library. Interior Tudor character details include finely crafted wet plaster moldings, coved archways and large leaded-glass windows. A magnificent 18-foot cathedral-ceilinged living room is outlined with rope moldings, and the natural fireplace is flanked by stained-glass windows. The current owners completely renovated the kitchen and powder room, refinished the wood floors, replaced HWH, gutters, and flat roofs over garage and patio, repaved the driveway, and added sump pump and drainage system among many additional improvements. A new owner will be able to further customize this beautiful home for modern living in one of Detroit’s most desirable neighborhoods.
313 670 4000